Saturday, April 4, 2009

A jumble

I have to say, I agree in spirit with Current columnist John Burciaga's complaints about Comcast.

The other day I received, via email, a complaint about him and another columnist for using their columns to air their personal grievances and some of the ways these guys are framing their own complaints.

That's why I have this blog, and Facebook and Twitter (and you remember how well the latter worked in my dispute with Bank of America).

Anyway - today I cannot access my Comcast email.

I called customer service and got a man who - well I'm not going to characterize his mastery of the English language by comparing it to anything; let's just say it was poor.

And he was extremely condescending.

(I'm getting used to condescending, since BOA is still calling me monthly about my credit card debt, which I am attempting to pay off but not in amounts that suit them. They're still charging me interest, so I don't know what they're on about ...)

But back to Comcast.

When my original service agreement for digital TV/phone/Internet recently ran out, Comcast kindly offered me a package that is about $5 more than what I was paying before but said my Internet speed would be vastly improved.

Yeah, right. They have no business even making that kind of statement.

Combined with the horrible Windows Vista that was forced upon me and this awful laptop I purchased out of sheer panic (a Compaq/HP) I've had nothing but trouble. Certain keys stick and it's so touchy that stuff I'm typing gets deleted if my palm brushes over the touchpad ...

So it appears I still have no email through Comcast - even though he was able to access my email from wherever he was.

So Comcast Town - I'm relocating as soon as Verizon gets those ViOS wires strung in these distant parts.

1 comment:

Dick Monahan said...

If you're not too far from the exchange to get DSL, I recommend www.speakeasy.net. I've been with them for 5 or 6 years. They rarely have outages, and when they do, you call the phone number and a recording tells you exactly what's happening. If that's not enough, they have the best service I have ever encountered for any product or service. They all speak English, are very knowledgeable, and are never condescending. I am a very happy customer.