Friday, April 3, 2009

Kudos to Cameron

Here's Ward 4 City Councillor Ed Cameron's take on the sewer plant upgrades, on his blog.


Unlike a certain other paper, I left out in my version of the City Council meeting (I can't vouch for what will actually appear in print, not having seen it yet) the part where Ed said what he said about the increase to ratepayers because I know Ed and I know he did not mean it the way it came out.

Ed explains:


My comment at the Council meeting about the "rate being reasonable" was a comparison of $133 to $202, $452, and $192. I wasn't comparing $133 to zero.

This is what I meant about "new blood." I think Ed has taken some real initiative in issues relating not only to his ward, but to all of the city.

Sure, he sometimes can be seen wearing khakis - I don't think I've seen him with a stroller, though (he's usually carrying his youngest daughter) - but I do think he's done a lot in his first term on the council.

Plus, he was the only city official (other than Clerk Richard Jones) that I saw at the Great Chefs' Night, which the proceeds of which benefit the Anna Jaques Hospital Aid Association. (AJH is in his ward, just to be clear.)

Ed also gets my sense of humor, which is no mean feat, apparently.

3 comments:

ECC said...

Hey, what's wrong with khakis!?!?! ;-)

Ed Cameron

Gillian Swart said...

Dunno ... I am wearing some right now, as a matter of fact.

Sarah "Black" said...

"he did not mean it the way it came out"...
similarly, after I recently placed a call to report "a psychiatric emergency", I was quite surprised to see myself quoted, in my local paper, IN ACTUAL QUOTATION MARKS, as having reported a "mental episode". What the hell is a mental episode? Is that considered kosher now, in journalistic circles, using quotation marks around utterly made-up crap that was never uttered? Wait, this isn't similar at all. Sorry.