Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm no wrestle maniac

I just saw a commercial for the 25th anniversary of WWE or WWF or whatever it's called. I gather that's next year.

It reminded me of when I was a kid, watching 'wrestling' on TV with my mom. The only name I remember from those days is 'Bobo Brazil.'

My mom and I used to make fun of the 'wrestling' - it was so fake. My mom and I used to make fun of a lot of things, which I guess kind of explains me now.

Sometimes I catch the end of the current incarnation of wrestling. And there I see a guy from West Newbury, John Cena. From the Boston Globe:

It would be easy to dismiss professional wrestler John Cena as brainless beefcake. But that doesn't fairly describe the West Newbury native. Sure, the 31-year-old Cena is among the heavyweights of World Wrestling Entertainment, but he's also got a gold hip-hop record and a promising acting career. Cena's last film, "The Marine," received generally decent reviews, and he's back with another action-oriented flick called "12 Rounds." (It opens March 27.)


Sure he's got a promising acting career! Isn't that what WWE is all about?

No comments: