Thursday, April 9, 2009

Literary Festival

I keep losing track of dates.

For example, I was most surprised to find that Easter is this Sunday.

Everything in my life is about meetings and deadlines.

That's an example of 'old school' journalism - just the facts, ma'am.

Anyway, the Literary Festival is traditionally the last weekend in April. Last year, I was on the PR committee so I was blowing its horn all over the place because it was on my radar.

This year - not so much.

I'm not complaining (Who has time for PR committees this year?), I'm just saying ...

So now I feel compelled to point out that, as opposed to last year, this year's Festival runs head-long into Earth Day festivities (or vice versa).

And while organizers of each of these multi-day events have been in contact with one another and have worked out the details to avoid pandemonium downtown, it seems that some people participating in one of them have their panties in a twist because of the perceived "conflict."

I wonder if your organization looked at the community calendar? The festival has been on the books since last year.
Well holy moly, Earth Day has been 'on the books' for many, many years - so I have to wonder when this person thought Earth Day should be celebrated ... in June, perhaps?

It's funny how huffy people can get, dontcha think?

But don't let that deter you from participating in the Literary Festival and the Earth Day celebrations. Like I said, the organizers of both are down with the overlap.

Lots of fun, starting next week.

No comments: