Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Facebook tries to be interesting

I took this quiz on Facebook last night.

They have all these pretty stupid quizzes on there, such as, "Which punk rock star are you?"

My result was Joe Strummer (The Clash), who of course is dead, so that wasn't very comforting.

But that was last month. I had promised myself to never take another stupid Facebook quiz, ever, again.

But I was intrigued last night by the "Ultimate Grammar Quiz."

I was intrigued because, on the whole, quizzes on there tend to include pretty horrific grammar.

Anyway - I am a grammar "master," according to a Facebook that wouldn't know good grammar if it hit the quiz writers in their pixilated faces.

Hey, that was my proudest moment yesterday ... and it was a pretty stupid quiz, all in all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the quiz was extremely ridiculous. Some questions had two answers that could have been correct, but had two separate meanings. It all depends on the context, which weren't given.
Oh, and the correct spelling is 'pixelated,' not 'pixilated.'

Gillian Swart said...

Whoops, I knew that ... think my fingers wanted to type "pixie." Thanks, Anon.