Friday, February 13, 2009

Wow, the wind turbine moved, says the daily

You think that although the Daily News has declined to put the local blogs on its website, they are not paying attention?

Actually, I know they are - I was told that Will Courtney said I was hitting them hard, or words to that effect. I don't know what he meant ...

But they apparently were not paying attention - or do not care - that there was this wild and crazy meeting of the Citizens Ad Hoc Advisory Landfill Committee last week and that maybe they should have found out what went on.

Honestly? I can't believe a week went by and they did not do that.

Nope, they were too busy mis-representing what went on at the City Council meeting as regards the re-appointment of building inspector Gary Calderwood - as in, Larry McCavitt wasn't the only one who spoke against it.

And I commend Council President Shanley for letting the resident speak for longer than rules allow (ha ha, what a double standard on my part), although it was clear that some on the Council were not listening to the man.

I guess second readings really don't serve any purpose. *But kudos to Donna Holaday*

I don't know what McCavitt's motivation was, but I know a lot of people on Plum Island (which is in his ward) complain incessantly about Calderwood and pine for his predecessor, Mr. Hewitt.

That's how everyone refers to him, as "Mr. Hewitt."

But then, in my work I hear a lot of complaints about a lot of people.

Anyway, as a non-property owner, I have had no experiences with Gary Calderwood as building inspector. In fact, I have had exactly one interaction with him (other than him waving at me in City Hall), which is when he told me a while back I was doing a good job (at the Current) and that he liked it that I was "fair."

My point is, the DN story did not mention that a resident also stood up and voiced his (lengthy) opposition to the re-appointment.

#10 on the list of "Random Things About Me:"

I can complain about something and get a compliment about my work in there, all at the same time and while staying on topic.

No comments: