Friday, February 13, 2009

Warning! Danger!

I downloaded some Windows (Vista) updates on Wedneday night and since then have had nothing but trouble with Vista's User Account Control (UAC) feature.

I'd think this was something I'd done wrong except that my brother told me yesterday he had the same problem after updates downloaded on Wed. night: Norton Anti-Virus settings are turned off.

I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone w/Microsoft, who told me to disable the UAC, which is what that virus I had a week ago wanted to do, so I'm thinking me doing it for the potential hacker was probably not the best thing ... probably blaring it on here is not the best thing, either, come to think of it!

The guy at Microsoft said that maybe my brother and I had the same virus (I love it how nowadays, everthing is someone else's fault) ... which I thought was pretty hilarious considering he lives in Gloucester and we do not share files. Perhaps the virus is only targeting people with the last name "Swart?"

Surely the hacker(s) can come up with a more popular surname ...

But if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: