Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why can't we be friends?

By my last count, there are 6 groups/fan pages for Newburyport and more than 500 people who admit to living in Newburyport. Some people don't, even though I know they do, if you get my drift.

I'm not sure I get my drift, actually ...

Anyway, I think the City Council and the mayor should consider a group or fan page (although I doubt whether the mayor would ever do such a thing, as I'm sure he would tell you himself), especially with the election this fall and everything.

Perhaps they would not want the exposure of a personal Facebook, but a group or fan page (Ari tried to explain the difference to me, but I'm still a little foggy) might do the trick.

With a personal Facebook, they'd get nut cases like me 'friending' them and then reporting back that they turned me down!

Out of respect for our elected officials, I have not actually checked to make sure none of them already has a Facebook ... alright, alright, I started searching for some of the more "hip" councillors, but I gave up in defeat.

I mean, even William Lloyd Garrison has a Facebook (or two)! Poor guy (one of them; I can't link to his page on here), his only friend is Henry D. Thoreau. It's so hard to find friends who have also been dead for 140 years ...

No comments: