Monday, February 9, 2009

I fight the urge to pick it up so I can do my thing ...

I have said on here before how hard it is for me to NOT answer my phone.

I'll run in from outside, leap from the shower and other activities to dive for the receiver before the person rings off or leaves a message. It's a compulsion - and, as usual, I thought it was one very few people shared with me.

So it was pretty funny when I watched last week's episode of HBO's "Big Love." One of the characters is in the process of murdering another in an outhouse (?) when her phone rings.

I could really relate to the indecision - continue killing or answer the phone? Which one?

Grace Zibriskie does such a good job conveying her dilemma, as she looks a few times from the direction the ringing is coming from to the plastic bag she has wrapped around her (evil) husband's head. Bruce Dern plays the husband, in the usual Dern malevolent style.

Ultimately, she decides to answer the phone ... hey, it's what I would have done!

Oh, I forgot:

#5 on the list of "Random Facts About Me:"

I can't stand to let the phone go un-answered!

* Phone song lyrics by H2O.

No comments: