Sunday, February 22, 2009

Don't hate me ...

But I tried Nick's pizza last night (Sat.), and I was really underwhelmed.

Three words: slimy canned mushrooms.

It wasn't bad, but it was just OK.

That Papa Gino's pizza I had in Gloucester (same pizza - pepperoni, onion, mushroom)was far superior.

But once again, let me say that I like thin crust pizza. And fresh mushrooms.

And not so many onions that they fall off the pizza and onto one's Cape Pond Ice t-shirt that one received as a Christmas gift, causing one to fling the piece of pizza back onto the plate and rush into the bathroom to save the t-shirt from permanent stain.

And the sauce had too much oregano. I'm not especially fond of oregano (I use copious amounts of basil in my pasta sauces but not oregano).

On the good side: the $1.50 delivery charge and the $11 for the medium pizza, which in the end will end up being 2 meals, and it was at my house in record time.

It was a good deal, probably about $2 cheaper than the Papa Gino's equivalent (we got a large from PG) ... and I know, PG is a chain and I like supporting locally-owned businesses ... so who knows?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having just done a week on Food Stamps money, $12.50 seems a princely sum for 2 meals! Vic and I just made a mole chili (2 meals' worth) with chuck steak that cost as much, in truth, but: Try one of the recipes on my blog, =please=. Yummy, I promise.

Gillian Swart said...

Really? I find that by the time I buy the meat and the veggies, I've spent nearly that much on one meal. But then I've never been as economical as you ... which explains a lot, I guess.

Speaking of which, what's with the Food Stamps money? Is this some kind of project for your class?

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the mushrooms. I don't like them either. You should try roasted peppers, artichokes, and onions ..... or pepperoni and onions ..... I did hear that they may be going to fresh mushrooms in the future though which is a good thing .... they still do great business