Sunday, February 22, 2009

As the turbine turns

I've got to say, I find the turning turbine distracting.

The movement, off in the distance, distracts me as I drive along the PI Turnpike.

But today, because the sky is the same hue as the turbine, I could barely make it out until I got to the traffic circle.

The reason it's distracting me, I concluded, is because it really is kind of beautiful. This morning, before I entered Dunkin' Donuts, I paused outside the doors to gaze on it gently spinning (if something that big can do anything gently).

I wonder how fast those blades can spin?

I grew up from the age of 7 to 17 in rural Michigan and there were windmills all over the place. I don't know why this one distracts me more than those ones did, but I assume I'll get used to it being there, off in the distance ... in any case, it's better than that ugly water tower.

No comments: