Thursday, February 12, 2009

Walk on the wild side

As regular readers should know by now, I go down to Gloucester Thursdays to visit my mother.

Today we ventured out to Walgreen's, which is conveniently located right near the senior citizens center, a bank and the harbor.

Also located right near all of these things is a Papa Gino's (and a Dunkin' Donuts, but I resisted the urge to sip a second latte within a 3-hour time period).

I don't think I had ever had a pizza from Papa Gino's before today, but my brother the pizza critic once told me that PG's had "a decent pie."

I liked it! The crust was thin the way I like, the sauce was piquant and with just a hint of aged wood ... oh, wait ... the sauce was piquant with just a hint of garlic.

The best thing of all is that the mushrooms were fresh, as opposed to the slimy canned ones some places use.

The large pie with pepperoni, onions and mushrooms was a little pricey ($16.26), according to both my brother and my sister.

I look forward to tasting a pie from Nick's real soon!

#9 in "Random Things About Me:" (I counted them up, and adding "I can't flirt," I'm up to #9!

Almost everything I write is delivering more than one message (no pun intended).

No comments: