Saturday, February 28, 2009

Icky poo

This morning I went on a tour of the wastewater treatment facility.

I did not see any of y'all there (unless "y'all" includes Barry Connell, Brian Derrivan, Donna Holaday and any number of staff from the sewer dept., Kent Nichols from Weston & Sampson and any number of other people I don't believe I know).

It's pretty disgusting; I mean, I've seen a better "lab" than that in a pre-school ... and I won't even go into the room where they smash the sludge before trucking it off to Ipswich where they make it into loam.

Yuck.

I won't go into details; I'll save it for a potential future story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took the tour a few months ago. The place is definitely falling apart. However, I suspect we should be building a new one, not trying to patch up that one again. I also think we should build it someplace else, and sell that land. Even in today's market, that's a nice riverside property.

Rebuilding it with minor upgrades to 50-year-old technology seems silly to me. There must be better technology today. Most cities are not beside rivers, so there must be a way to build a plant without a river.

If we do need a riverine outflow pipe, we could build it back behind the park on High, opposite Marlboro, and run a pipe under the old railroad line.