Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"The Mitten" is downsizing

I saw this report this morning, on NECN, but I was talking to my sister on the phone so I wasn't clear on whose enormous mansion they were talking about ...

Romney, the former business whiz and governor of Massachusetts, is looking to unload two of his four mansions, collectively valued in the currently-sour real estate market at close to $10 million.

I like how he's the "former business whiz." Has he lost his "whiz-i-ness?"

I'm following the advice of the woman on this post by Ari Herzog; she believes we should all create new words, willy nilly.

Anyway ... does 9000 s.f. qualify as a "cabin?" A lodge, maybe, but a cabin?

And I do believe Belmont is its own separate town, not a "posh suburban Boston neighborhood ..."

The Romney house, which comes with a tennis court and 2.5 acres of land, has yet to be listed, though the Boston Globe estimates the price will be set at $3 million — $1 million less than what the home was worth 2 years ago.

Mitten, the article says in the lede, is estimated to be worth in excess of $250 million. So no tears for the $1 mil he's 'losing' on his Belmont home.

No comments: