Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh and by the way

Something is still turning off my Windows Defender. So far it has not done anything to the McAfee.


Now I guess I'm going to have to spend the $24.95 for an anti-malware program recommended to me by Dick Monahan (I'm using his name, not in vain but because he was going to put the info as a comment to my post but was unable to post due to problems with the CAPTCHA).

I really don't like this dependence on a piece of equipment that exposes me to his level of risk.

Speaking of which, I realized yesterday that everyone in the Boston network on Facebook - and not just my 'friends' - can read what I write on my 'wall.' So watch what you write, I guess, because everyone else is, if they're at all interested.

And how stupid of me was it to start using Facebook when I did not have a full understanding of what I was getting myself into? Not to mention all the pain and suffering that I've endured, am still enduring, and have inflicted on others ...

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly.

I still think it's much better to deal with someone face-to-face, over the phone, or even in a letter. With a letter, there is no SEND button.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured it out. I have cookies turned off in Firefox, with stated exceptions. I had listed blogspot.com as an exception, but that's not good enough. I have to list your entire URL. The CAPTCHA works now.

Gillian Swart said...

Cool; but now I'm having that same problem in a group I belong to in Facebook (I just wrote you about it, actually). This is weird ...