Monday, June 1, 2009

You've left my ring by the soap ... Now is that love?

Isn't this just the most recent in a spate of stories about someone flushing something valuable down the toilet, or dropping something down the drain?

This was in Globe North last week:

It seemed like another Tuesday morning for Melissa Bromby of Newburyport. She was in a hurry to get her daughter, Brooke, to preschool in Ipswich. At 9 o'clock, she cleaned her platinum wedding and diamond engagement rings and then inadvertently placed them on the bathroom vanity.


Boy, if I knew this was such a hot topic, I would have been searching all this time for such commonplace events.

I guess platinum wedding bands and diamonds are more interesting than bizarre mayoral races or city councils pondering lawsuits against the city (just to mention two things going on in our fair city).

I have heard that the people at Gatehouse Media/Community Newspaper Co. have concluded, based on web traffic, that people are more interested in police logs and stories such as this than actual hard news.

I want to be fair - we bloggers rarely write about people losing wedding rings and such down the drain.

And isn't that what traps on drains are for?

2 comments:

ECC said...

I just realized your title is from Squeeze.

Gillian Swart said...

I love Squeeze ...