Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The race for City Hall, as of yesterday

Here is who had pulled nomination papers with the clerk, as of yesterday at about 3 p.m.:

  • Donna Holaday - At-large Councillor
  • Frances Sullivan - At-large Councillor
  • Greg Earls - Ward 2 Councillor
  • Ed Cameron - Ward 4 Councillor, At-large Councillor, Mayor
  • Brian Derrivan - Ward 5 Councillor
  • Tom O'Brien - Ward 6 Councillor
  • Dan Sweeney - Mayor

I got this list from the Clerk's office; it's odd that the mayor is not on it. I guess he just announced back in January that he was seeking a third term and has not actually pulled papers.

I don't know who Frances Sullivan is ... but I do know all of the others, to varying degrees, and as a local reporter would know people that she talks to in the course of her duties.

Now I know that somebody is going to pop up and say that Dan Sweeney is my friend. In fact, I do believe that Bubba has said it, albeit in French, on this blog ... and I have to say, nearly every time I have stopped in at the sewer dept. to talk to DS about sewer issues, the mayor has appeared in the office ... there's no love lost in that association, dear readers.

So bring it on, if that's your inclination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Ward 3? Any rumors?