Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Moak will not seek re-election

Mayor John Moak just announced in a press release that he will not seek re-election.

I have made the very difficult decision not to seek another term as Mayor of the City of Newburyport. This has been an emotional and complex decision involving not only professional but personal considerations.

In January of this year, I gathered with many of my supporters to confirm my desire to campaign for a third term of office. Unfortunately, with the changing fiscal times that we all face, I have come to the frank realization that it is not economically viable for my family and me to continue this path. Although I will actively be seeking alternative employment opportunities, I remain steadfast in my commitment to bring to fruition the projects I have initiated. It has always been my goal to provide the City of Newburyport with a firm foundation and sustainable tools for the next administration to build upon and I will continue that course.

It remains a sincere honor and a distinct privilege to serve as Mayor of the City of Newburyport and I am thankful to have this opportunity.

So there you have it.

No comments: