Monday, August 11, 2008

Thoughts on comments

As regular readers know, I love to read the comments accompanying stories on the Daily News website.

Sometimes, I really marvel at the things people say.

But - I was looking up similar incidents to the one that happened in Seabrook over the weekend. Two men in bar, fight, one ends up dead after his head strikes pool table, apparently. Read about it here.

I was looking up similar incidents online, and I found several such fights that resulted in death and lots of information about how Australia is cracking down on violence with a One Punch Can Kill campaign.

This incident, which happened near Cleveland (Ohio), is similar except the victim went home and apparently died during the night. The comments accompanying the report, however, are almost exactly the same as the ones on the Daily News.

So it's not just Seabrook, folks! It does, however, seem to be just men ...

No comments: