Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nature


I am now gathering that all the baby cardinals have grown up, since there are at least 5 cardinals twittering outside my windows (they wanted to use my laptop, but I refused). Finally remembered to pick up some birdseed on my way home from Gloucester.

In the photo, a Monarch butter(fly) found its way onto my porch. I had to hurry and snap a photo before certain furry co-inhabitants of mine snapped it in another way.


My porch windows need a good re-paint. Tell my landlord, willya?

In a bit, I am going to PIG with Triple-D because it's my birthday today! This arguably happy event is brought to you by the letter "B," for boring (cuz that's what it's been so far).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADY! :) Hope you got the mussles at the PIG.

Lucky you with the monarch shot. They are always long gone by the time I get the camera.

Amazing to hear that the cardinals are twittering, too ;)

Gillian Swart said...

Thank you, Mary! I did NOT go with the mussles, and I regret the decision. I went instead with crab cakes, which were tiny but tasty.

What can I say? This house is also tiny - my camera is always about 3 steps away!

skyebluelake said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !

I'll bring the cake to the Writer's potluck.

Lator gator,
Skye