Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Comments continue to spark the imagination

So I'm reading this story in the Daily News about 5 people being arrested for drunk and disorderly during the last weekend of Yankee Homecoming, and, as usual, the comments are the most interesting part of the whole experience.

Being relatively new here, I did not know that Michael's Harborside has this reputation as the dining place for the unruly. They did all that remodeling to spiff up the place, canceled 'Reggae Sundays' (huh?), and it's still a trouble spot? Wow

Maybe they should ban saggy pants ... no, wait, that's another place.

It seems to me - well, I don't know anymore what it seems to me. I'm trying to get work out in the world, so my fingers are sealed.

You all feel free to carry on, though ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest blogger Jillian,

Yes, there is something totally and awfully wrong with the people who comment on the Daily News wonderful world-wide web site. I would say that for the best part of the time they are trouble-making fools.

I myself would never go into Michael's Harborside as the food is disagreeable with my interior plumbing and it is full of young women who appear to be tempting whores and lesbians. My relative Asad was here for the Yankee Homecoming parade and he also agreed with me that the entire city appears to be filled to the brim with lesbians and men of a dubious character yet is much better and nicer than Atlanta Georgia.

We are of course holy followers of Allah, and once the short sale of my future home is approved we will be able to show the morally degenerate residents of this fine city the proper way to live: on our knees three times a day!

- Mahatma Kote

Gillian Swart said...

You know, Mahatma?

One of these days, I fully expect to receive an unfriendly registered letter from the Anti-Defamation League, or some similar organization, about you.

Just sharing the thought.

Anonymous said...

Dearest blogger Jillian,

And yet, dearest Jillian, I cannot help but ponder the thought that you laugh at my very serious thoughts and utmost concerns!! Despite the practicing of my English language skills and prayer, I feel you do not take anything I say seriously and give it the valid pondering my writings surely deserve!

- Mahatma Kote

Gillian Swart said...

Ah, Mahatma, perish the thought. You are very clever, indeed.