Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dog war

Between this blog, my impending poverty, and the dog going on around me, I'm exhausted, mentally!

Last night I was watching Letterman and combing the furball for fleas when I heard much ado going on outside - crying, carrying on, police radios.

It's all about one dog and 2 people who fight over the dog at increasingly alarming intervals. We have screaming, threats, and the occasional call to NPD.

What a waste of city resources.

For reasons best known only to the 2 people involved, this dog has become the vortex of a power struggle. I expect soon that one or both of them will direct the police to me, to provide my "outside" perspective on the whole debacle.

I have to say, my opinion on what I thought attracted people to this city by the water is slowing changing over to that it's because they're loons!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to deal with these lunatics. I don't understand why some people can't be more respectful of their neighbors...or, at the very least, normal!

Anonymous said...

Dearest blogger Jillian,

It seems to my enlightened and forward thinking brain that anyone who decides to live on an island that is soon to emulate Mahabalipuram might not be mentally normal in the strictest of the senses!

- Mahatma Kote

Gillian Swart said...

Very true, Mary ... and Mahatma.

But since I'm one of the residents of a questionable mental state, the island's future underwater status must be of relative unimportance to me.