Friday, May 29, 2009

Cameron throws his (khaki) hat into the ring, maybe

I do believe Ed Cameron is telling us he's going to run for mayor. Right over here, on his blog.

Well now that the Current is out, I can say that James Shanley told me that he, too, would be running for mayor - if John Moak does not seek re-election.

That seems to be a caveat for everyone - for what reason I cannot say. Do they all think John Moak is that great of a mayor?

I guess so, since they're always voting in favor of all his appointments, large lumps of money for favored staff and whatnot.

So it sure seems like Moak will not, in fact, be pursing a third term. Or, as Shanley hinted, he may not be able to get enough signatures on his nomination papers.

I think as an anonymous person asked in a previous post, would Moak be committed to being mayor, or would he run off the first time another job that pays twice as much pops up?

I'm still trying to get the mayor on the horn to answer some questions. He usually does eventually return my calls, but not this week. But it's budget time.

I make a lot of excuses for people.

No comments: