Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No landfill trucks on Saturday

Note: I got a message from Brian Derrivan telling me that the person who said he saw smelly trucks going to the landfill on a Saturday was mistaken.

I did not see the email that the person sent to Derrivan correcting himself that it was a Friday.

I have to say that both Brian Derrivan and Mayor Moak have been very responsive to emails with concerns, coming from neighbors. I don't think everyone likes what they are saying, especially replies from the mayor, but they are being very responsive to questions/concerns.

While I'm on the topic, I'll say that Derrivan has always been straightforward in providing me with good information for my stories.

For example, while everyone else was saying trucks would be rolling into the landfill within days of the issuance of the administrative order, he was the only one who said it would probably be weeks.

Plus he hardly ever says anything "off the record."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The complaint about the odors are absolutely true. The odors in Everett are overwhelming from miles away. We are being told that it’s because the piles are being disturbed. I think he’s hosing the piles down with water because what ever he’s using is not working (surprise surprise) People that have complained are being told that it’s between Wood Waste and the DEP.

If DeMaria put a cease and desist a year ago, we wouldn’t have so much there too be disturbed.