Friday, May 1, 2009

Notes from the Island

I was just outside, inspecting my garden and working on my compost bins (which are broken trash cans).

Composting can be quite therapeutic, in some ways - hacking away with a shovel at still-whole, empty corn cobs, hacking up moldy onions, breathing in spores ...

I came back in with runny eyes and am all congested. It does wonders for my balance, which is already cockeyed. So if you see me staggering around like a drunken sailor, it's the effect of my sinuses on my ear drums ...

It gets so bad sometimes that if I just turn my head, it spins. I mean as in vertigo, not that my head spins around on my neck.

Although that would be more fun for everyone.

2 comments:

Bubba said...

Don't let the ConCom find out you're growing non-native species...You'd better file an RDA immediately.

Gillian Swart said...

I have actually considered that I'm violating some ConCom regulation or the other - but I did throw in some native species. Paul Healy lives 2 streets over so he can wander over and issue a citation, if he cares to ...