Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And the answer is: 555,140 cubic yards.

That's how much total "material" New Ventures can now bring to the landfill (counting, I assume, what's already been brought in).

Thanks to Jill Butterworth of the AG's office for providing the big number.

When you think that's before the 1:1 soil mix, that's a lot of .... well, foul, smelliness.

I also understand that the mixing is being done on site (here), so the trucks coming in are full of C&D fines only.

At least one landfill neighbor is complaining about the stinkiness of the trucks:


The stuff coming from Everett already smells. I personally witnessed several trucks come in this past Saturday and every one of them smelled like rotten eggs. It wasn't just the dump either, it was each truck.
I thought they were 'perfuming' the stuff in Everett ...

Oh - and Saturday?

The HCA specifically states in section 3.8 that "there are no truck deliveries on Saturdays," I read in another email.

No comments: