Sunday, May 10, 2009

Danger Will Robinson

I went on my Yahoo mail today for the first time in weeks and in the mailbox was a message purporting to be from Bank of America.

It said someone had tried to access my account from a remote location and I needed to verify my online account. Of course, I was supposed to click on some link in order to do this.

Unusually alert to this kind of thing, I immediately saw that:

For one the message was sent to the email address that used to be attached to this blog, not my "real" email address.

For two, it included really, really bad grammar and typos.

And then, of course, there was the 'click here.'

By the way - don't buy a Compaq/HP laptop. The keys randomly stick. Now it's the comma; last week it was the 'n.'

My sister has the same problem with her laptop. Of course, I don't think the cat hairs I'm always digging out of it help ...

It's quite frustrating.

No comments: