Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Holy salary, Batman!

I just got this, in over the wire ... well, the MetroWest Daily News, at any rate:


HUDSON — School Committee Chairman Christopher Yates announced last night that the district has agreed to a three-year contract with Superintendent Kevin Lyons, which will pay him $169,000 a year.
He's still going to make more than Moak - if Moak gets the job in Winthrop, that is.

Well, maybe there's hope for Moak (if he gets the job) ... $125,000 is what the salary was when the last town manager was hired, I think.

Does anyone believe he won't get the job, though?

Except for a few bumps in the road and the fact that I think now he's afraid of offending me (Who isn't? Oh! I forgot about Bubba ... and that one 'anonymous' ... Just forget I ever said anything.), we've always gotten along pretty well.

But still ... How come I don't have friends who call me about jobs of this stature? Both of these guys said they weren't looking.

Perhaps that is the key.

I no longer need a job. I'm fine; I'm loving it. Don't ever want to leave what I'm doing now ...

** KLODENSKI FOR MAYOR **

Ron told me he would have been offended at my saying I laughed when I saw the headline on the Liberator - except for the fact that he did, too.

4 comments:

Bubba said...

Moi ? Offendez vous ? c'est incroyable !!!

Gillian Swart said...

Save the incredulity, Frenchie.

Anyway, I meant you weren't afraid to and not so much that you actually do.

Vous etes un peu mon ami, non?

(I don't know how to put the accent on top of the 'e')

Sarah Swart said...

On my system, Alt and Fn together with a 0, 2, 3, 3, as: é.

Gillian Swart said...

It's an accent circonflexe ...