Friday, May 15, 2009

He's a frackin' cat

I called my vet last week and asked for some worm medicine for Chewy (the furball). She said she'd call in a prescription to the Newbury Animal Hospital there on Rte. 1.

Because you need a prescription for this.

My vet does not have an office - she's a traveling vet (as in, she comes to the house, which is very convenient).

So I drove on over to the place to pick up the pills and was told they had not received any prescription. *sigh*

I called Liesl (the vet) and she said she had faxed it over. Back in Newbury - and after several minutes of confusion - they found the faxed script. I was told it would take 24 hrs. and they would call me when it was ready.

About 27 hours later I called to find out what was going on.

Woman: "Oh, we don't carry that brand anymore so she has to call in a new prescription."

Me: "Can't you just substitute something?"

Woman: "Oh, no, we can't do that. He's not a patient."

(Well whose fault is that? I tried to get little Chew in there and they told me they were not taking new patients.)

Me: "Good thing he's not really sick, huh?"

Woman: Silence

Me: "I mean, I'm asking for worm medicine for my cat, not cardiac meds for my mom."

Woman: Silence

One dose of worm medicine - that's all I need, just one dose. But noooooo ... the vet called me today and told me she got the same attitude. They wouldn't take her verbal OK to switch to another medicine; they want a fax.

So I won't sue them if the medicine doesn't work, I guess.

Good thing he's not really sick, huh?

No comments: