Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spooky

Just because I wrote in the last post that I wasn't yet connected to the municipal water/sewer system, guess who showed up here this morning? Yep,the guys to hook me up to the municipal water/sewer system.

I know it's coincidence but this happens a lot - where I say or write something and it happens the next day and sometimes the same day.

When I was a freelancer and would not get a check in a timely manner (you know, fewer than 6 weeks later), I knew if I wrote an email to the editor complaining, the check would be in the mailbox later that day or the next day.

I was with of couple of women of my acquaintance about a month ago and we started talking about bizarre things like this that happen. I mentioned that when I lived in Boston, I would walk down the street, pass a street light and it would go out. The electronics on my vehicles fritz out; my former laptop fizzled out.

My sister (the one that lives in Gloucester now) used to say the street light thing was just coincidence - but then she got used to it happening.

One of the women I was speaking with recently said this happens to her husband as well. She speculated that perhaps Newburyport is a "hot spot" for people who have similar experiences. I know that I was drawn here, just as I was drawn from the Midwest to Boston. I grew less and less drawn to Boston as it became glamorized, however, so I don't know.

Maybe all the other electronically-challenged people moved away before I did and so I no longer felt the affinity.

By the way, did I mention that I have not yet won $10 million or more in the Lottery?

No comments: