Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just one more

Hey, I decided not to go up to Seabrook before my assignment begins at 11!

I was looking myself up online and found my story for the Current on Newbury's plan to hire a Washington lobbyist reprinted in its entirety under the heading "Today's Pork Report" for Feb. 11 of this year.

It's the Federal Financial Management Subcommittee's website. U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn is the ranking member of this subcommittee and I assume the compiler of the pork report. He is a Republican from Oklahoma (where the wind comes rushing down the plains, or something like that).

This is the bullet point near the top of the page: Massachusetts community may hire Washington lobbyist to obtain an earmark for beach sand around island’s high-priced homes

This is from the blurb about the subcommittee:

Reckless and unsustainable spending is inexcusable, especially at a time when our nation is at war, and when major entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are headed toward bankruptcy.

Of course, our own Congressman John Tierney, a Democrat, blames war spending for the inability of the government to help out. And the guy on my last post doesn't think the government should be in the business of disaster relief at all, if people choose to build their homes in disaster-prone locations.

I haven't heard much about Howard Marlowe (the lobbyist) lately. Really have to leave now, though.

4 comments:

Sistertruth said...

What is it would like to know about me or what I have been up to lately

Gillian Swart said...

Well, if you (?) were actually hired and interesting tidbits of information such as that.

Ari Herzog said...

Curious how you have "labels" that you may never use again.

Gillian Swart said...

I know, I'm terrible at that! I also have "Crow Lane" and "landfill" and other such duplicate labels. I tried to fix it the other day but was not successful. But you never know, I may write about Sen. Tom Coburn again ...