Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No resistance at all

Last night I had the strangest dream. This is how it went down, to the best of my recollection.

I was living in a big house (as opposed to the tiny one in which I actually reside) and it was in the middle of town instead of being on Plum Island. The strange part is that the offices, or at least the conference room, of the Daily News were in my house.

I think it was the kitchen because I was eating breakfast at a small table off to the side when all the reporters started filing in and taking their seats at this big conference table in the middle of the room. There was also some kind of reception area set up outside the kitchen.

After a while Will Courtney (city editor, I think) came in ... I have no idea what Will Courtney looks like, mind you, but in the way of dreams I knew it was he .... and I was immediately in conflict.

Should I stay or should I go? It was obviously a meeting with the reporters but it was also my house. After a couple of minutes, I decided to go, even though Will Courtney had smiled at me when he saw me sitting there. I believed, however, that at any moment he would ask me to leave. Even though it was my house.

I went to the living room and more reporters were streaming through the front door and walking straight through the living room, up a few steps and turning right into my kitchen, or whatever room it was.

After another little while they all went out again. I did not recognize any of them as DN reporters but I did recognize 2 of them from somewhere else that I couldn't quite put my finger on, in the dream.

You may see this as a manifestation of a secret longing to work at the DN, but in reality I believe it was all about my personal panorama and the way I deal with intrusions into said panorama. Nothing to do with the Daily News at all.

No comments: