Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Put "hip-hop" in your tags

So I was inspired by Michelle Xiarhos Curran, in this post on her blog Singuloso, to sign up for sitemeter. Since I only did this at 11 p.m., and I have never posted about hip-hop, one could hardly expect such spectacular international results as she has seen.

If I'm reading the stats correctly, since last night 45 people have ventured to this space. A number of people apparently came directly to me via a link from Tom Salemi's blog. And left via a link on here to Ari Herzog's blog. So this getting your blog on the blog roll of other posters surely does work.

Now silly me, I thought that this sitemeter thing would tell me exactly who was reading my blog, as in So-and-So from Such-and-Such-Place. I really feared, seeing that Tom Salemi had sitemeter on his blog that he could tell how many times I day I check for new posts! I pictured him saying to himself, "What is she? Nuts?"

Well, I know, so now he gets to say it anyway.

Later I have a post coming up from my sister (the one who lives in Malden) about how her computer was hacked (into) and the hacker got access to her PayPal account. Hopefully I can get someone I know from an Internet security company to write about how to prevent such things from happening to you.

2 comments:

Ari Herzog said...

Make sure to discredit your own visits; and keep in mind 10 people at one computer in the library will be 10 hits but one visit.

Gillian Swart said...

Will do; thanks, Ari!