Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who's to blame when an icicle gets out of bounds?

As I was making my way around downtown today, I couldn't help but notice all the smashed icicles on the sidewalk (mostly because they were in my path).

So I looked up.

And yeah, there were a lot of icicles hanging off the rooftops, folks. I've got a few giants hanging off my eaves out here as well.

But when I was trying to gain access to the Bank of America ATM (will they ever fix that?), I was slight unnerved by the number of icicles hanging over my head.

A while later, as I turned the corner from State St. (where I see The Studio* is having a closing sale) onto Pleasant, I couldn't help but notice Daily News photographer Bryan Eaton, also looking up.

I suspect there will be something in tomorrow's Daily News about icicles.

So ... forget unshoveled sidewalks for the moment and consider whose responsibility it is to clear icicles from the roofs of buildings.

Maybe the DN story will clear this up! Because I've got very thick hair, but I don't think it would stop a falling icicle from piercing my skull.

*According to a note on her website, Kim is closing the retail store but maintaining the web presence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about the icicle situation! Dangerous, indeed.

(I am so sad to hear about The Studio's closing!)