Monday, January 26, 2009

Does any of this sound familiar?

Read this here story, from the Flint Journal.

It's about people not shoveling their sidewalks! Then read the comments, which mirror almost exactly the ones on stories on the DN website.

Well, except for the ones about getting mugged and/or shot while shoveling. I don't recall any of those on the Daily News site ...

Flint Mayor Don Williamson said unshoveled sidewalks are a problem all over the city -- one that has gotten worse over the years.

"Years ago when I was a kid, everyone shoveled their snow," he said. "Today, no one does it."
That's funny ... years ago I remember a little vehicle clearing the sidewalk. But then, I wasn't a kid when we moved to Flint.

When I was a kid in Michigan, we lived on a gravel road out in the country. We had two driveways and a relative with a plow on his tractor (?).

When I was a really little kid, we lived in the Tropics and ... well, no snow.

No comments: