Saturday, January 24, 2009

Green with envy

I ran into my friend Skye at the Book Rack today ... actually, since we were both attending the book launch of a mutual friend/writers group member, it wasn't quite so much a run into as a met up with ...

Anyway! She told me her daughter Hillary Chabot, a reporter for the Boston Herald, was assigned to cover the inauguration.

Chabot was in the second row. Sitting or standing (who cares?) next to Denziel Washington.

What a dream come true! I mean being there. And the part about Denziel Washington.

My nephew Mike was also there, but he was waaaaay back. I was envious of him but now ... !

1 comment:

Mary said...

Denzel Washington! I would have died and gone to heaven if I'd been at the inauguration--or would have lost consciousness, then missed the swearing in of our new president.