Sunday, January 25, 2009

This is cool ... and kind of freaky

So I just saw the person (and there was one specific person; I hadn't seen him in quite a while) that I was moaning about last night in the post about social media:



Why isn't this person who's someone else's 'friend' trying to friend me?

He walked over, gave me a hug and a kiss ... and I wondered why I'd ever doubted he would consider himself my friend. I told him I was just thinking of him last night, after I saw him on Tom Salemi's Facebook friends list and thought, "That rat! He's Facebook friends with Tom and not ME!"

He laughed and said he'd take care of that as soon as he got home. Sorry, Tom, but he's going to axe you from his friends list ... nah, he's going to add me.

So it doesn't take a Facebook to define your friends (in fact, a lot of my friends aren't on Facebook) ... but I'm happy with all my friends, old and new, on Facebook or not.

Even the 2 I have yet to meet in person.

Yes, I have 2 Facebook friends as a direct result of this blog, and I've never met either one. Hey, Ari could be on to something!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's make a point to change that! :)

Gillian Swart said...

Sounds good, Mary! ... and actually, I got 3 FB friends from the blog and have never met them. I forgot about Jan, who is in Flint.

Anonymous said...

You know, Gillian, if you didn't link to my blog in this post of yours, I probably wouldn't have seen it. But I get alerted fairly quickly for specific searches such as this (albeit Google is sometimes slow in the alerting).

Mention more, link to more, and they'll come. Whether they comment is up to them. :)

Gillian Swart said...

Did I say I cared if people comment on here?? This blog earns me nothing but I like doing it. What I thought FB and Twitter would do was enlighten and inform - and maybe expose me to someone who would offer me a paying gig! Sort of ...

I like social, as in communicating with people to a certain extent, but reading that someone I don't know is making pancakes does not thrill me. Now someone I do know making pancakes - that's something I can comment on (and have)!