Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh stuff it

Wow, her first few seconds on the job and people are already trashing Michelle Obama's ball gown.

The poor woman has to attend 10 balls after standing around all day, smiling and waving ... give her a friggin' break!

Who cares if Nancy Reagan also wore a one-shoulder gown at Ronnie's inaugural ball? Apparently these "experts" on CNN care.

God only knows why I'm still watching this. (Mostly I was writing a piece for Friday's Current, but had to look up to see da dress.)

Actually, let me, the fashion maven (not) comment: she should stick to the jewel tones. But not that awful red and black garment she wore the night Obama won the election ... there, that was in honor of my friends Miss Donna and Miss Jean, who were always on the lookout for "fashion don'ts" when we worked together at the former New England Medical Center ...

"Now, Miss Gillian, I see that you are wearing white after Labor Day ..."

(You know that, in a former life when I was very young, there were actually people who called me "Miss Gillian," in all seriousness?)

Anyway, I'm amazed either of them can still stand, much less dance. That would be Obama and the Mrs., not Miss Donna and Miss Jean. Those 2 chicks are maniacs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I was wicked impressed that Michelle wore chartreuse for the inauguration. Not a color that works for many, but she wore it incredibly well.