Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My sister took this picture of the house we lived in, when we first moved from Clio to Flint (Mich.) in 1971. This would be the house with the ghost.

It seems to me to be basically the same, except for the fences and maybe that evergreen tree at the corner of the house. Oh, and the evergreen bushes in front of that wooden fence.

Strangers used to feel free to trounce through the area between the house and the garage, which was a brick patio, as a short cut (or for a more nefarious purpose). I guess that explains all the fences in the front (there always was one at the back of the house).

You can't see it because of the tree branches, but my sister said the roof was not in good repair. Otherwise, it looks as if the current occupants are keeping up the place.

I really loved this house. In fact, when we walked in as prospective buyers, I made the pronouncement, "This is the one." My sister the other day surprised me by saying she always thought it "funereal," in appearance at least.

No comments: