Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evangelical drug dealers

I was just reading that Sarah Palin, McCain's pick for vice president in case you've been living under a rock for the past week, is Pentecostal.

OK, well, no reflection whatsoever on Ms. Palin (I mean it), or the movement itself, it just reminded me of when I was in college and there were about 10 Pentecostal women on the same floor of the dorm that I lived on as a freshman.

They sold LSD to make extra cash.

And I mean they did it as a group, not just one or two of them. A couple of them kept the stash in their room, in one of those dorm-sized fridges that was just full of LSD in every form ...

It was an open secret at Alice Lloyd Hall - plus, one of them who lived across the hall from me showed me the fridge for reasons I can't remember, but had nothing to do with me being a customer. She might have thought I was a potential customer, but I was pretty goody-two-shoes at that point.

It always made me snicker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest blogger Jillian,

I would imagine that having a habit of taking the LSD would only assist the Pentacostals in speaking in their tongues, rolling around on the floor and other behaviors that we non-Christians find "odd".

The reflection on Ms Palin is, of course, that of an American mullah, and one that it would be wise to avoid as well.

I now wish you a joyful Ramadan, although my Godless unbeliever of a co-worker has brought in some of the delicacies known as HoHos with which to tempt me to break my fast. Fool! Little did he know that I secreted them in my desk drawer, where they shall remain until sundown before being devoured.

- Mahatma Kote