Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I admit it - I'm competitive

At least Ed Cameron didn't beat me to this one ... and he could have, seeing as how he's on the senior center building committee ...

The City of Newburyport is starting negotiations to buy four or more of the buildings in the stalled condominium project on the Merrimack River at the Towle Building for use as the city's senior center. City officials described the negotiations for the long-awaited senior center as "preliminary."

What a cumbersome first paragraph? Who wrote that? ... OH. lol

Also, it would be much better if I could access my own website ... well, our own website ...

4 comments:

Tom Salemi said...

Good job. (damnit!! :) I'd heard this two weeks ago but couldn't get the confirmation, but I could have tried harder.

Gillian Swart said...

I heard it a while ago, too - well I heard that was an alternate location being considered - but you have to know who to ply for info. Outgoing mayors, for example, seem to be inclined to spill info. All I did was ask him. After I found out, btw, it crossed my mind that you knew since you put that post up about the property ...

Tom Salemi said...

It'd be a dereliction of duty not to point out that I raised this idea in April.

http://www.newburyportposts.com/2009/04/senior-center-plan.html

And you all laughed at me!!! Okay, no one actually laughed at me, but I'm sure some laughed.

Gillian Swart said...

I'm sure I was fully supportive. It was, and still is, an excellent solution, I think. Good work.