Monday, December 28, 2009

I feel so out of it

I still have yet to send a text message. The chances of me sending one anytime soon are limited by the fact that I don't have a mobile device but I manage to muddle through.

It's a wonder anyone can concentrate on anything, what with all the texting, phoning and video recording that's going on. I mean, I like YouTube as much as the next person (well, maybe a lot less than the next person) but do I really need to look up a video by a performer and have to wade through a bunch of amateur videos of non-performer types performing the song I'm looking for?

They should be segregated, like to a junk folder ...

Then there are the e-vites, the e-cards and the random person who wants to meet up with you but insists you go to some scheduling site to set up a time when in the time they typed that to you in an email, they could have just written, "Let's meet for lunch at 1 on Monday."

It's as if no one has the time for other people anymore, although I have to say, I tried to set up an e-vite and failed miserably. Same with opening e-cards - half the time I can't access them.

Then again - I didn't have the time the last couple of years to actually fill out real greeting cards and mail them off to my friends and family, so who am I to complain?

Talking to people is always the best. And imaginary people in your head are no substitute, people, for the real thing. That last bit doesn't make any sense, does it?

Oh, well ...

No comments: