Sunday, August 23, 2009

My morning at the landfill




What a way to spend a Sunday morning.
At about 9:30 I was at the landfill doing ... something secret.

Nah, I was just there for reference purposes.


And I have to tell you - it comes in waves, but it stinks. It really, really smells bad. Not that I ever doubted it, but it's one of those things you really have to experience to make you glad you didn't eat before you got there.

Furthermore, here are photos showing construction debris left uncovered after Friday's work day. According to DEP, all the debris is supposed to be covered with a layer of dirt at the end of every day.
Does that stuff look like C&D "fines" to you?

And according to city officials, that space there in the first photo, where the haul road used to be, was supposed to have been filled in about - oh, a month ago.
I wish I could get away with holding both the state and a whole city hostage. Then again - I haven't given it a shot.


No comments: