Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Holaday and Brown to meet

Hey, Mayor Donna Holaday just told me she's meeting with new U.S. Sen. Scott Brown at 11 a.m. on Friday.

I was terribly confused and conflicted about where to post this information ... like last night, when I was doing my babysitting gig for my neighbor in the Newbury part of the island and the girl I watch told me a fellow student had been arrested yesterday for bringing a gun to school (Triton Middle School). Not really my 'coverage area,' but it's weird where you hear stuff.

2 comments:

macsurf said...

A gun in middle school?!

Gotta love the RNA and responsible parents, LOL.

How in God's name does a middle school kid get his hands on a gun.

Byfield's sounding like Costa Rica!!

I tackled a 12 yo yesterday when he and a gang of buddies were coming out of my neighbor's house after robbing it.

The other kids fled, but I dragged him kicking and screaming to the police station, only to find out he has 18 other denuncias - charges- pending against him, with one including an assault on an elderly man with a loaded pistol.

The kid's 12, so he's allowed to roam the streets because there is no juvenile detention center here.

Guns and kids are a bad combo no matter where they're at.

Triton should thank its lucky stars no one got hurt.

Gillian Swart said...

Absolutely. I used to feel so safe, when I was in school. All we worried about was a possible tornado ... fueled, of course, by drills designed to teach us what to do if one hit (one never did).