Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feeling the pinch

Wow, with all that's gone on so far today I'm already exhausted.

Wednesday is my deadline day for the Current, and of course there is the odd story for Newburyport Business that needs to go up online. And the numerous phone calls the news about Sean Sullivan generated ...

I have spoken to the mayor and I wrote up a short piece for the Current. I do not know what they plan to do with it, if anything. I have to say, I sat stunned for numerous minutes after I heard that Sullivan was gone ... I didn't know what to do ... my own multi-presence as a purveyor of news confounded me ...

Ultimately, I figured the blog was the best place to break the news.

As for the anonymous who asked if s/he could change their vote for mayor? That's the general reaction I'm getting. For a lot of people, I am told, that one little piece of information (that she would keep Sullivan) tipped the scales for them to Holaday.

I guess some people figure one little post on a blog has no effect, but ... oh, well. The anonymous reader who asked me to ask the question did good but now ... well, I just don't know. Let's see what happens, I guess.

3 comments:

macsurf said...

Wow, how ironic.

Sounds like many liberal Democratic supporters of Donna Holaday have a lot in common with conservative GOP supporters of Scottie the Hottie today.

They're all feeling betrayed.

Interesting.

Gillian Swart said...

yes it is.

Anonymous said...

"Scottie the Hottie"? What's up with that? Sounds like Fox TV.