Friday, October 30, 2009

Dog park flares fire

I had to laugh when I read this little post on Tom Salemi's blog, complete with photo ... and as I'm sure that was his intention, good work, Tom!

In the matter of a dog park, I was surprised this week to hear some vehement protests against any such thing being established here.

Sometimes I think big issues flow on by while the smaller stuff gets people over-heated.

I don't see any problem with a dog park. Sure there are streets to walk your dog down (one of the arguments against) but dogs do need to run, and play, and sniff around randomly ... I don't own a dog, by the way.

So lighten up and let the doggies have a park.

When I lived in Boston, dog owners appropriated one corner of Boston Common as a place to let dogs run free and people went ape-shit. Sometimes I would pause while walking by to watch the dogs play - and the owners socialize.

What better way to get to know your neighbors? I might even rent a dog, if we do get a park, and wander on down to chat with people.

No comments: