Thursday, January 7, 2010

More City Council stuff

Did John Moak have a dedicated parking spot?

The City Council on Monday is going to do something that may result in the Mayor getting a dedicated spot on Green St.

Actually, it's an ordinance so I would guess it's a new thing. Ordinances have to have 2 readings and be published so ... whatever!

I don't necessarily object to this; it's not right in front of City Hall and the mayor shouldn't be wasting time driving around looking for a parking space.

That reminds me ... my old boss (in Boston) used to screech up in front of the bldg. and one of us (usually a man) would run out and take the car to the parking garage down the street for him. I got to do it once; he had this BMW with a racing engine. Best car I have ever driven, even if it was for only 2 blocks.

It was like butter, people!

6 comments:

Dick Monahan said...

Souldn't that be "like buttah"?

Gillian Swart said...

Yeah, Dick, it should have been ... and thanks, Ari.

Tom Salemi said...

I seem to recall seeing a sign designating the spot back in The Day. I think Lisa Mead was mayor.

James Shanley said...

Hi Gillian,

See Sec. 13-167.1 of the City Ordinances. Dated 2-9-98

Anonymous said...

the mayor has always had a spot on green street.

Gillian Swart said...

OK ... my mistake. The action is to DELETE the designated space on Green St. from the ordinance. So sorry (and thanks for pointing me in the right direction, James).