Friday, January 15, 2010

"Let's talk about Star Wars"

When my younger niece, who is now 16 years old, was just a little thing (maybe 3 years old), she sat down next to me and asked to talk about "Star Wars." Her concern was something about the Jawas, but I don't remember what it was anymore.

Ha, there's a wiki about Jawas.

I don't really have a point here, except that I can still watch episodes IV, V and VI of "Star Wars" and be stirred. Not so much for the first/last 3 - I don't believe I have even seen Episode III. My favorite has always been "Return of the Jedi" because I really like the highly-inefficient imperial walkers.

But hey, I said this before, somewhere - why were R2 and C-3PO still around? Was this a more efficient time? Nowadays, they would have been in a landfill somewhere long before Luke Skywalker was a twinkle in his father's eye. The first 3 episodes, coming after the "sequels," ruined a lot of things.

And I really, really like the ring wraiths in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. More movies that can stir me years later.

I can't go to the movies anymore. Thank goodness for DVDs.

Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try. (Miss you I do.)

1 comment:

Gillian Swart said...

Yeah but you'd have thought the technology would have improved in the interim ... I'm just saying ... does the robot from "Lost In Space" seem very "modern" to you? (I can't believe I'm now in a debate about fictional robots.)