Monday, April 26, 2010

"Mary, you've got spunk."

You may have noticed I'm a little perkier now than I have been for a couple of weeks ... wait, is "perky" the right word?

I've never been what you would call "perky," unless by "perky" you mean "sullen."

Remember the one scene in the old "Mary Tyler Moore" show when her boss, Lou Grant, says to her, "Mary, you've got spunk."

She gets all smiley and then he adds, "I hate spunk."

What was my point again? Oh, yeah, perkiness.

Well, I had another successful "help Gillian" episode involving the other man I met through this blog (not Mr. T, the non-movie star, but the other one). Bless these men, even though you don't know who they are, because ... well, because I said to!

That's why I'm unusually perky tonight. It's group hug time.

Goodnight all. There's work to be done, online newspapers to tweak and hope to be dashed against the rocks of the south jetty.

No comments: