Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beach today: March 4

I just got back from PI Center, where it looks pretty much the same as at this time yesterday, except the seas look heavier. When I pulled into the parking lot, there was a man there loading up some fancy looking video equipment, back into his SUV.

Those sandbags represent money well spent, although where there are no bags is taking a beating.

Yesterday afternoon, as I was driving up Northern Blvd. (road up the ocean side of the island) in Newbury, I saw some men working on a new construction at the base of the primary dune, right up against the road. Some other dude driving by going south stopped and yelled something to them along the lines of it being an exercise in futility. They all had a good laugh.

Newbury has a hard time with lessons, I guess.

No comments: